Hi I'm Jane!
I'm a textile designer specialising in small printed leather goods and lifestyle products. I love misplaced print, not so much repeat pattern as it has the ‘manufactured’ look. It's also really important for my business to operate in a sustainable and eco-friendly way, so you can feel good about what your getting. And because I care about our planet.
Growing up in London, having access to beautiful parks, museums, architecture and bustling city life, inspire my collections to be very practical and utilitarian. But also fun and different from the norm. As a child, visiting the famous flower market on Columbia road etched an idealistic version of what all high streets should offer and look like- Beautiful colourful shops filled with one offs and hand made pieces by skilled crafts people.
JDB isn't a big fan of throwaway fashion, or mass-production. Everything is designed with that in mind. You can see by the quality of materials used and the finish that these products are meant to stand the test of time and grow old gracefully.
Some of the reasons why customers have bought from me:
- To hide a leather bookmark between the pages of their girlfriends novel with the personalised message, 'Marry Me?' Sent all the way to Canada!
- To call their brother a Twat Face with a hand stamped cardholder.
- To congratulate a writer on their first novel.
- To gift their girlfriends personalised beach bags on a hen do holiday.
- To hand out as gifts to Conde Nast staff and to pop in goody bags for the BBC Writers Festival.
- Rainbow bookmarks to say thank you to 60 volunteers providing shelter and food for the homeless.
All collections are designed, printed and made in Kent, England.